Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life Lessons

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

God has really shown me lately that sometimes he answers your prayers and sometimes He doesn't. When he does rejoice and when He doesn't rejoice anyway. He knows me better than I know myself, knows what is best for me and I know He works on his own time not mine.

I'm so rapped up in finishing school. It's going smooth so far. At first I was overwhelmed with everything I had to get done but it's calming down now and I'm getting in to the swing of things. Knowing in a few months that I'm going to start a new chapter in my life is so exciting. I have no idea where I'll be living, and that depends on where I get a job at. How crazy is that?! Not knowing where you'll be at. I would love to stay in Auburn but because so many people in coding already have families I know they aren't looking to relocate. I'm gonna put applications in around here anyway and see what happens. I really want to stay where I'm at. I'm also going to go towards the Atlanta area and down to Montgomery. Honestly, I won't be picky about where the job is. I have faith that God will provide one for me, as He always has provided for me.

I'm trying to not let the people that hurt me in the past impact me now. I've learned to let go of the people who don't care and keep the ones that do close to me. I feel more like myself than I have in the last couple of months. I had to learn who has my best interest at heart and who doesn't. It was a tough lesson for me but one that I learned with humility, and I'm thankful for that. Sometimes you have to make a complete fool of yourself to understand who and what is necessary in your life. I'm completely humbled by this and because of my struggles last year and how hard it was on me, there's no way I could ever forget what it has taught me. I know if I stay on the track I'm on, everything else will fall in to place, when it's time. That's hard for me especially, to be patient.

I have this idea in my head that my love life should be like a fairy tale and I don't mean perfect. I know there will be arguments and I'm fine with that, I know we won't agree on everything and I'm fine with that too. I guess my "fairy tale" is me wanting to be with a man who is faithful and honest. A man who takes my breath away, and loves God more than he loves me. I want something real. It's sad to say, but I'm realizing more and more each day that there aren't too many guys like that around anymore. I don't want a hook up, I want a lasting relationship. If you tell me, "It would be fun to hook up!" just walk away because I don't have what you're looking for. It's a shame that the sweet guys get wrapped up in the every guy sucks category. I know there are great guys out there and they are probably looking for the same thing I am looking for. They just come far and few in between, for me anyway.

Anyway, I'm just venting. I guess that's what a blog is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment